Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Playlist

Hi everybody! I was asked this question a while back, and I thought it was interesting, so I decided to write a post about it -- do I listen to music when I write, and if so, what kind?

First off, I actually don't typically listen to music while I write. I guess I'm not much of a multi-tasker in that respect; I always end up singing along and watching music videos instead of getting anything done. :D That's not to say, however, that I don't absolutely love music, or that there aren't exceptions to the rule. Sometimes I pick a song to play that really sets the mood for a section I'm about to write (I played Holly Conlan's You Are Goodbye over and over during a particularly sad part of Allegiance, and now I totally cry everytime I listen to it).

Anyway, I opted to list the top ten songs I listen to most (in order according to my iTunes account), so here they are!

1. Better in Time - Leona Lewis
2. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
3. Always Be My Baby - David Cook (his version from American Idol)
4. No Air - Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown Duet
5. Timeless - Justin Guarini & Kelly Clarkson Duet
6. You Are Goodbye - Holly Conlan
7. My Immortal - Evanescence
8. Five Minutes to Midnight - Boys Like Girls
9. Billie Jean - David Cook
10. Iris - Goo Goo Dolls

I'm also a huge fan of the Beatles, the Eagles, Kelly Clarkson, and I love listening to movie/musical soundtracks like Wicked, Children of Eden, Les Miserables (yay!), Hairspray, Newsies (who didn't love that movie?), and let's see... Oh! I love Aerosmith, some Daughtry stuff, some Carrie Underwood stuff, Simon and Garfunkel, a bunch of Lennon and McCartney's solo stuff, Michael Buble, and I can't believe I almost forgot Queen! And I really enjoy those powerhouse songs from the likes of Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, and Jennifer Hudson.

So that about sums up my musical taste, I think. It's kind of sporadic and varied, but I like to keep an open mind about new stuff. If anyone has any song suggestions for me, feel free to drop them, and I'll be sure to check them out!

Thanks for stopping by,

Cayla

(Oh, and poll results will be up very shortly.)

No comments: