Thursday, February 10, 2011

Interview Your Favorite 'Legacy' Character

Hey all,

Those blog posts featuring behind-the-scenes looks at Alera: Zeit der Rache (Allegiance, or Alera for those in other countries... book 2!) are coming up soon.  The first installment, called The Ongoing Story, will go up on February 21st, the same day Alera is released in Spain.  Get ready for some spoilers if you haven't read Legacy/Geliebter Feind!  I'm going to talk a lot about what to expect from book 2, how the characters will develop, some of the challenges they'll face, and different theories I've heard from readers.

Sidenote:  I got the French and Greek editions of Legacy in the mail recently, and both are gorgeous!  Big thanks to the publishers. :)

I'm sure some of you have heard this quote by E. L. Doctorow before: "Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia."  When I stumbled upon it, I got this weird but crazy fun idea.  If you check out the current Offkey poll, you'll find the question, "Which of the following Legacy characters would you interview if you had the chance?"  Based on the results of this poll, I'm going to have you submit questions to that character if that sounds like fun to you all!  I'm trying to keep some new, interesting stuff going, so please spread the word to anyone else you think would be interested in participating; write about the "interview" on your own blog; and most of all, have fun coming up with questions!  I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

I'm still working my way through Kidnapped by RLS.  Thoroughly enjoying it -- I did an impromptu poll on the Facebook fan page asking how many books you guys read at once, and got some great answers I'd like to share.

Chloe said:  "I always have problems when I'm reading more than one book at a time, because I always read one book more than the other and then when I finish it, I'm not as interested in reading the other."

Barbie said:  "Oh, I've definitely read more than one book at a time.  Some people can't keep the stories separate but I can so it doesn't bother me that much.  My sister usually reads a fiction and non-fiction book at the same time."

Kathryn said:  "It really depends on if I've read the book before or not.  If I'm re-reading then I prefer to read more than one book at a time.  I find it actually helps me appreciate each book more because of it by providing a contrast of styles."

There are a ton more fantastic answers -- thanks to everybody who threw in their two cents!  There are some prolific readers out there. ;)

Remember to spread the word about the character interview.  Thanks so much for reading!

Cayla

No comments: